Grateful Hearts

'Thank you for sharing of your wonderful magic for you have left me with something I will forever cherish.' W.S. Peters 'Deeply touched by the energy you share. The goddess becomes manifested through you. I love your movies, pictures, sounds, moves, music, the graze and the beauty.' N. Langer 'I find peace of mind when I gaze to my soulpainting. It gives me a lot of energy.' C.Coninx 'Delightful and Colorful works of Art.' S. Dillon 'As if for that one spiral Vincent Van Gogh held your brush for a moment. There is a higher source that keeps an eye on all Hildegarde.' W. Lyssens 'Thank you so much my dear Hildegarde, so many fruits in this basket.'E. Transhill 'Thank you for having me associated with this surge of odors, and with this very beautiful text which reminds me to a french mistic of the Middle Ages.' MT De Brosses 'Beautiful to see how you express the essence every moment again.' P. Oost 'Your coaching gave me the courage again to contact possible employers. I never believed to find a job that fast. Especially in my circumstances and with age. I will never find a mentor who assists me with that grandeur. I have tears in my eyes while sharing this with you.' Yolande Homeless Woman 'We need people like you. Keep on empowering homeless women. We will pray for you.' Anonymous Homeless Woman 'We searched and found work thanks to you who teached me to stay and think positive no matter what.' Abdellah Homeless Man 'You are a true value for us and our company. Thomas Social Worker 'My whole life changed with 360 degrees. You are a miracle.' Batouli Homeless Woman

Monday, May 20, 2019

'La Brace' radiates the heat of the union. (Part 1)

No, We don't have a garden.
It attracts insects, mosquitos, dirt.
But we do have a terrace.
Great! Do you mind us sitting outside?
His eyebrows frowned by our insistence.
Yes, you can.
It's not that we are complicated women, we laughed.
Oh, I love difficult women.
His voice became more alive now.
Do you have a sunshade joked my friend playfully?
His attention span became wider.
So, it was the moment to ask him more about his life as a restaurant owner.
He, Italian by heart, left Italy together with his parents when he was a little boy. 
They were farmers and could not live from their work.
Thanks to the existence of Europe they could easily start a new life in Brussels. So they did move to Belgium.
At 16 years he started to work in a restaurant in Brussels.
Because that was the only opportunity he got from Belgium he joked. He worked himself up unto the man he is now.
 He proudly said to be a restaurant owner for 45 years.
And he was not planning to stop, no, he was going to enlarge.
Yes, he feels the unity while hearing the word Europe.
No, he has no reason to leave Brussels except for the weather.
He is even willing to buy the building next to his restaurant to enlarge its capacity.
His story of success made me wonder about the encounters that sprouted from that sunny afternoon that started at the terrace of La Brace.
Together with my friend Tou Louse we ate a delicious plate of pasta. 
It is my conviction that when they serve you a good plate of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio you can rest assured it is a good restaurant. 
It's worth the visit when you are in Brussels.

We walked towards place Leopold. The warm sun's rays touched our skin with a gentle breath. We entered the museum of the history of Europe to take a pitstop in the bookshop. Little teabags of famous politicians like Macron, queens like Elisabeth and even her grandchildren got a bag. Remarquable was to see William pictured with his spouse Catherine while Harry got the pin just married on his costume. No traces of Meghan were shown, Soit.



Our walk continued to the backyard of the European Parliament. The garden was in full bloom while ostriches weres sculpted with their heads in the sand. Time to wake them up? My hand felt like kicking their asses to get them upright again.

Just to remember that history can repeat itself. Unless we learn the lesson I thought while looking at a piece of the Berlin wall. 



These pilgrimages towards divine destinations must make sense. Do they?



No comments:

Post a Comment